The holidays are a great time to muddle up your momentum in the productivity department. There are so many distractions and a million reasons to drain your energy. You must fight the urge to succumb to the evil lethargy that follows in the shadows of the holidays. You must plug away at getting work done.
- re-evaluate goals and adjust them for a holiday schedule. Perhaps scale back those lofty goals and figure out something more attainable.
- surround yourself with creative fuel. A new book, a new movie, some Netflix veggie time…anything.
- if staring at the computer screen isn’t working, then print out chapter 1 and revise it the old fashioned way with a pen.
- if you’re having trouble getting your heart into the game, try the trusty chunking method. Do a little at a time. Bit-by-bit.
- take time to make a schedule and stick to it.
There’s nothing worse than losing your momentum. One minute you’re feeling on top of the world, like nothing can stop you. The next minute you don’t even want to look at your story. Half the battle is constantly finding ways to jump-start your momentum, over and over again. Better master it sooner rather than later.
Your Observing Ego